Cyber Security Consultant
Ready to be the point of cyber security expertise for a critical national programme?
If so, this Cyber Security Consultant opportunity could be perfect for you! Acting as the primary point of contact with the end client, you’ll coordinate the delivery of work undertaken by 4 teams deployed in our client’s organisation. The Cyber Security Consultant will be comfortable using agile delivery methods to address our client’s priorities and requirements as they evolve and in a way that aligns with Maturity Indicator Level 3 (MIL3) in the Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (C2M2).
You’ll need to have:
- DV Clearance (Essential)
- Proven experience of working on Agile delivery programmes. Experience in work, to strengthen and transform Security Operations Centers
- Demonstrable experience in providing senior-level supervision and direction on technical matters, Knowledge of the Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (C2M2) & NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Experience of Security Operations Centers operating within the Military domain
- Providing the authoritative technical subject matter expertise needed to mature SOC services
- Engaging effectively with a broad range of stakeholders in technical matters and taking a leading role in documenting processes and ways of working to enable relevant TTP
You’ll have been doing:
- SOC operations and transformation, Developing security operating procedures and processes, Producing dashboards and reports, Vulnerability Management utilising Tanium & Tripwire
- Incident Management utilising Elastic Stack and DCC and Endpoint security utilising Trend, SolarWinds and vSphere
- Cyber Kill Chain (CKC), Intelligence Driven Defence (IDD), Unified Enterprise Defence (UED), Consultancy and communication
You’ll need to know:
- Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (C2M2) and NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF)
- Current awareness of the market for data analytics and SIEM platforms, including emerging leaders and Network security implementations (e.g host-based IDS, IPS), including their function and placement
- Cyber defence and information security policies, procedures, and regulations, Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles
To be successful in the recruitment process for this role, you are required to have Developed Vetting (DV) clearance, for more information about Developed Vetting, you can check the requirements in advance online at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels.